Wednesday, May 19, 2010

T minus 72 hours and counting...

Until we leave for Russia for the final time!  The last weeks have been filled with packing, then unpacking - buying, then returning and buying something different - cleaning and rearranging only to mess it up again.  Jack keeps running around the house saying "I can't WAIT to go to RUSSIA and see my brothers!"

I should have taken some photos of the boys room... we keep calling it "Ground Zero" since it looks like a bomb went off in there.  As each suitcase is packed up the room gets cleaner and cleaner.  The only thing we have left to pack is our clothes and toiletries.

I've been researching different parks and outdoor things to do with Jack while we're there.  We're still hoping to see the boys at least four or five times prior to taking them the final time.  We'll be bribing them with bubbles and cookies... I have no shame.

Today is my last day at work, and I have to say I'm relieved.  It's not my last day forever, just until my maternity leave is over.  I feel like I have so much left to do, but we really don't.  Tomorrow I have to pick our money up from the bank (gotta love those new $100 bills), and get my skirt for court from the tailor.

We've got all our gifts and orphanage donations packed.  I was able to get a great deal at Carter's and bought some summer footy pajamas.  We'll ask if they have another specific request when we're there and get them what we can.

I've gotta run get ready for work... Paka for now!

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels!! Can't wait to hear you have made it safely and especially can't wait to see pictures of your new beautiful baby boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Just tell your translator in Moscow that you want to take the kids to the park or zoo or just to outdoor places and they will definitely take you. We went to the Moscow zoo and three other nice parks when we where there. I can't wait you guys are almost back in Moscow, congratulations and safe travels! If you get Katia as your translator, please tell her hi from the Urbans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and safe travels. Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about your final journey! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete