Monday, April 19, 2010

We're famous...sort of... okay, not really...

I got a phone call Friday from local news reporter Matt Roy wanting to do a "human interest" piece on us.  It seems he got a email referring him to our blog, and tracked us down locally.  Kind of cool, but a little bit scary too.  Crap, people can FIND me?  I'd best be a bit more careful about what I write then, eh?  Anyway, we talked on the phone for a few minutes and VOILA... we are legends...at least in our own minds.

A photographer came out on Saturday and took some pictures of the family.  Lance asked me later, "Hey, do we get to proof the photos?"  Yes, dear.  The local news affiliate is going to rush the photos back to the house so we can pick the most flattering one...not!  (for the record, I knew he was kidding)

If you're interested in reading the article, you can find it here.  (ETA: Link now takes you to local TV news broadcast of our interview) The accompanying photo recycles through the main home page.  Frankly, I looked a bit wall-eyed.  I think the stress of it all is finally getting to me.  Clearly, I need a makeover and some microdermabrasion!

Go ahead, you can admit you're jealous of the fame we've achieved.  It's not often you see adoptive families catapulted into the limelight like this!

I'll just spend the rest of the day basking in my own glory... if anyone needs to reach me, call my agent.

ETA:  Link now defunct... thanks for letting me know Lauri!  There is a new link to the TV broadcast that was done a day later for WBZ news.

1 comment: